First of many
Thank you for being part of our first newsletter!
This is the perfect month for our first newsletter since we’ve finally caught up with everything since SuperCon and the ton of content for gamedevs we captured. Since then we’ve had five meetup events, one special event “Intro to GameJams” and of course more recently a strong presence at SuperCon. All of this has helped add new members to our community, get some new skills in our talent pool and give current game devs or their studios some well deserved marketing.
New level unlocked!
While July wasn’t as packed with special events we are planning on expanding our current meetups based on your feedback. The new event in August will be calledGameTreps Unite! A CO-OP Workshop Night. This new event will let us come together for a few hours and just work on our own skills, at our own pace with help from other attendees. Think of it as a flash co-op workspace to take advantage of with the expertise of the community to help you become a better game developer! Hope to see you all there. Oh and we will see if we can kick in or get donations for some food and drinks, maybe even a keg with enough interest.
As mentioned, we’ve recently wrapped up our MakeGamesMiami presence at SuperCon and it was glorious. We’ve hosted several panels and workshops throughout the four day event. We’ve also scored some great pics and video that you can find at the GameTrep Youtube Channel. Total victory for our community!
Help our community grow! Give us a like, tweet @Gametrep or share!
Here is a round up of news from across the good ol’ interweb relevant to game devs and game development. If you have any news to share email us at info@GameTrep.com and we may be able to share it! Industry news links below:
- Playfab offers free backend tools
- Oculus Rift offers 10 Mil for indie acceleration
- Nintendo wont abando Wii U & 3DS when NX launches
- Fortune.com estimates Oculus Rift at $500 MSRP & VR a 30B Industry
- South Miami Public Library video game educational events
- Hololens research from education and non-profit opportunities
- Oculus VR Funding about 2 dozen Rift Exclusive Games
- Track your game on streams with gameloco
- Nintendo has little interest in VR
- Lionsgate partners with Millennium Films, Game Devs and Publishers
- EA and comcast to stream games live
- Microsoft makes case for Hololens development
- Floridas own Derek Smart calls for FTC investigation on Star Citizen
- Esports pros using performance enhancing drugs
- Oculus Rift acquires motion tracking company
You’ve made it this far now join the community. Our events throughout the month are there to help you grow as a game dev, meet others to help build your dream, and even play some games from time to time.
- Miami Game Developers Monthly Meetup
- Date – August 11th
- Time – 7:30PM – 9:00 PM
- Location – Venture Hive
- Florida Game Developer Association Miami Meetup
- Date – August 25th
- Time – 7:30PM – 9:00 PM
- Location – Miami-Dade InterAmerican Campus
- GameTrep Unite! A CO-OP Workshop Night
- Date – TBD in August
- Time – TBD
- Location – TBD
Go to MakeGamesMiami.com or GameTrep.com to see the most up to date event lists from across the community.
If you know of any or have any events to share let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org